Submitting a Claim
How to File a Title Insurance Claim
All title insurance claim requests should include the following basic information:
- Statement of claim. Include a brief, but specific explanation of why you are submitting a title insurance claim request.
- Property information. The full property address is required to begin a review of any title insurance claim request. If a street address is not available, please include the legal description and/or the APN of the property in question.
- Claimant contact information. In order for us to respond to your claim request, please include your name, address, telephone number(s) and email address, if available.
- Supporting documentation, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Copy of the title insurance policy
- Copy of the final settlement statement (or HUD-1)
- Copies of additional supporting documentation. This includes anything you feel supports your title insurance claim request.
The following optional checklists/claim submittal forms are available to help you prepare your title insurance claim request:
WHERE TO FILE A TITLE INSURANCE CLAIM
Several options exist for filing a title insurance claim request with First American. You may contact us by email, fax, mail or phone as follows:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 1.877.804.7606
First American Title Insurance Company
Attn: National Claims Intake Center
5 First American Way
Santa Ana, CA 92707
- Phone: 1.888.632.1642, use option 1 for questions on how to submit a title insurance claim