Sometimes, it doesn’t have to be so complicated.
An ALTA land title survey may be the standard, but depending on your project, an ExpressMap can be an innovative and cost-effective underwriting tool alternative. Developed by First American’s commercial experts, an ExpressMap allows for provision of title insurance coverage and removes the survey exceptions to satisfy lender requirements.
First American’s proprietary ExpressMap process utilizes current aerial photography of the subject property as described within the title report, along with the exception items shown in Schedule B (easements, rights of way, covenants, conditions and restrictions). Once the information is layered, it is printed in color and used by our internal underwriting staff to make key underwriting decisions. Our ExpressMap services provide:
- Current aerial photography flown at the time of order
- Full-color map clearly showing the property and surrounding environment
- Up to 50 percent time savings by eliminating field time traditionally required for ALTA surveys
- Up to 60 percent cost savings when compared with an ALTA survey
- ALTA land title survey services
- Flood elevation certificates
- Zoning reports