Contact Us
Office Directory

1031 Exchange Services

When you sell your interest in investment property, you may incur federal capital gains taxes and, in some states, state taxes as well. Your attorney, tax advisor or real estate professional may suggest a tax-deferred exchange under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code.  A tax-deferred exchange allows you to dispose of investment properties and acquire "like-kind" properties while deferring federal capital gains taxes and depreciation recapture. Most states with a capital gains tax offer a similar tax advantage. The bottom line: a tax-deferred exchange allows you to reinvest sales proceeds that would otherwise be paid to the government in taxes.

As a national leader, we at First American Exchange have successfully assisted thousands of investors with their tax-deferred exchange transactions. We have the reputation and experience to successfully and safely handle your tax-deferred exchange. As your Qualified Intermediary, we acquire the property you are selling and transfer it to the buyer, take possession of the sales proceeds, then use those proceeds to acquire replacement property from the seller and transfer it to you. The process is simplified through the use of direct transfers between the parties in each transaction.

Visit Product Website

Delayed Exchange

Delayed Exchange

Was this page helpful?
Thanks for the info!
Share Contact us

Give Feedback

  • Issues with a First American Product or Service
    • Home Warranty
      • Tell Us About Your Experience
      • Start a Claim
      • Request a Quote
    • Title Insurance, Escrow or Settlement Services
      • Tell Us About Your Experience
      • Submit a Claim
    • Home Insurance
      • Tell Us About Your Experience
      • Start a Claim
Print Font Size A A A

Previously Viewed

Email This Page

Please Contact Me