First American CREDCO Introduces New Web Site facredco.com
April 17, 2000, POWAY, Calif.
"www.facredco.com will provide comprehensive product and service information, enhancing the scope and accessibility of key business information available to CREDCO customers," said Michael Stewart, First American CREDCO's director of business development. "Later we will provide automated customer service and additional feature functionality through the Internet to maximize the customer's experience with CREDCO. We're excited to add this special site for our credit-only customers, while maintaining the link to our First American corporate site, www.firstam.com, for multiple product customers."
Designed for business and consumers, www.facredco.com offers complete information about credit reporting - from summary information to sample reports. Intuitive, information-packed pages feature efficient menus and underlined text to click for more details or to order the product. The online order and delivery of credit reports continues to be available through the link to www.firstam.com.
- Site highlights:
- Credit Reports - How to Read Your Credit Report, a sample Instant Merge Report, FAQs for businesses and consumers, plus a glossary of credit terms, public record terms, computer and Internet terms
- FASTCredit - order and receive Instant Merge® Reports over the Internet through a link to the FASTWeb delivery system at www.fastweb.firstam.com
- Product Showcase - descriptions and samples of First American CREDCO products and services
- Contact Us - how to reach key departments, from billing and customer service to a local sales person
- Software delivery - download software upgrades and documentation and get answers to technical questions via the link to www.instantmerge.com
- Information about the company - key officers and news releases; a link to the First American's corporate Web site (www.firstam.com); links to industry partners, associations, credit bureaus, government agencies and legal issues
Planned enhancements include fully integrated customer service, online billing, online Merge Plus and residential mortgage credit report status and eventual electronic delivery of all products and services through the Internet.
Headquartered in Poway, Calif., First American CREDCO is the nation's leading provider of credit reporting services to the mortgage industry. This company processes more than 2 million credit reports each month. The reports use information from all three of the nation's major repositories and are relied upon by mortgage lenders, financial institutions, the automobile industry, consumers and others who together make billions of dollars of credit decisions each year. First American CREDCO's Instant Merge system generates and delivers a complete, up-to-date credit report with merged data from all three bureaus within 30 seconds after receiving the request. The First American Financial Corporation, based in Santa Ana, Calif., is the nation's leading provider of business information and related products and services. The corporation's three primary business segments include: title insurance and services; real estate information and services, which includes mortgage information services and database information and services; and consumer information and services, which provides home warranties; automotive, subprime and direct-to-consumer credit reporting; property and casualty insurance; property and automotive insurance tracking services; resident screening; pre-employment screening; investment advisory; and trust and banking services. Information about the company and an archive of its press releases can be found on the Internet at www.firstam.com.