Jason Y. Chun Appointed President and Chief Executive Officer of Island Title Corporation


June 1, 2006, SANTA ANA, Calif.

First American Title Insurance Company today announced that Jason Y. Chun has been named president and chief executive officer of Island Title Corporation of Honolulu, Hawaii, a majority-owned subsidiary of First American Title.         

Although Chun is replacing Island Title founder Lynne Kaneshiro in the daily operations and management of the business, Kaneshiro will remain actively involved with the company as chairwoman of the board. In her new role, Kaneshiro will be responsible for expanding Island Title’s market share and focusing on direct client relations.

Since founding the company in 1982, Kaneshiro has served as president and chief executive officer. Prior to her work with Island Title, she worked for First American for 13 years. 

According to Kaneshiro, “I am thrilled that Jason will be joining our team, and that Island Title will be in the hands of such a competent leader. Jason’s industry experience and leadership skills are exactly what this position requires.”

Chun joined First American in 1999 as associate counsel in the national legal department at the company’s home office in Santa Ana, Calif. In 2001, he was promoted to vice president and regional counsel, a position that included responsibilities for claims, underwriting, escrow, secured transactions and contracts, as well as corporate and general in-house counsel duties for Los Angeles and Ventura counties. He also served as corporate secretary and was a member of the board of directors of the company’s subsidiary, First American Exchange Corporation of California. In 2003, Chun was promoted to Ventura County manager, where he oversaw approximately 100 employees in four offices. In January 2005, Chun was named vice president and chief operating officer of First American’s Los Angeles County operations. Since his promotion, Chun has been responsible for overseeing the day-to-day business of eight offices with approximately 200 employees. 

Chun earned his bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of California at Berkeley and was the speaker at the 1994 commencement ceremonies. He earned a juris doctor degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 1998 and was admitted to the State Bar of California that same year.   

About Island Title

Island Title Corporation, a majority-owned subsidiary of First American Title Insurance Company, was established in 1982. In 2000, First American purchased a 20 percent interest in the company. Four years later, First American acquired an additional 40 percent of the company for a total of a 60 percent ownership position. Island Title is a widely recognized and well-respected title and escrow provider that serves the Hawaiian Islands with six branch offices. The company serves both residential and commercial clients in a broad range of property transactions, including exchanges, refinances, fee conversions, condominium projects and subdivision and timeshare development. For more information about Island Title, visit www.itchawaii.com

About First American Title Insurance Company

First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of The First American Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through more than 1,800 offices and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. The company has its headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif. Information about The First American Corporation’s subsidiaries and an archive of its press releases can be found on the Internet at www.firstam.com.

 

myFirstAm®

Access the powerful online services available only at First American.

Sign In
Forgot Username or Password?

Sign Up

Sign up for a myFirstAm® account.

Other Platforms

  • FASTWeb

    Title ordering, routing and tracking.

  • AgentNet®

    eJackets, closing protection letters, back title, bulletins and more.

  • DataTree.com

    Access the nation's largest land record database.

  • Home Warranty

    Coverage for a home's major systems and appliances.