First American CoreLogic Announces 2008 LoanPerformance RiskSummit
—20TH Annual Conference Draws Mortgage Industry Leaders to Discuss Key Market Issues, Including Loan Quality, Risk Management, Research and Modeling—
May 20, 2008, SANTA ANA, Calif.
First American CoreLogic, a member of The First American Corporation (NYSE:FAF) family of companies and a leader in residential mortgage data and analytics for the mortgage industry and Wall Street, today announced that registration is now open for the 20th annual LoanPerformance RiskSummit, which will be held July 20-22, 2008 at La Costa Resort and Spa in Carlsbad, Calif.
This year’s agenda features educational tracks addressing mortgage origination, issuer and investor risk management, research and modeling, loan quality, servicing and regulatory issues. Monday’s general session presentation will provide a mid-year economic forecast by Frank Nothaft, chief economist of Freddie Mac, and David Berson, chief economist for The PMI Group, while Tuesday’s general session will feature noted issuers and investors exchanging their views on current market conditions. Track sessions will discuss the following industry topics:
- The liquidity crisis and the confidence factor.
- Housing prices: With many areas experiencing double-digit declines, have we seen the bottom?
- Strategies and opportunities: Mark-to-market vs. mark-to-model, loan modifications vs. refinance vs. principal forgiveness.
- Buyside investment strategies: What and where are the value opportunities of short selling vs. long-term investment?
- Practical applications in risk modeling.
- Servicing in the brave new world: How will the mortgage industry evolve?
- Managing distressed assets in a difficult environment—Workout strategies to survive and create opportunity: Forbearance vs. foreclosure vs. principal short sale.Due diligence: Before origination, before issuance, before the investment. Transparency: What should be required? What you should demand. How transparency of the underlying loan-level collateral influences valuation of the aggregate.
- Fed watch: How will the Federal Reserve Bank’s desire to be more transparent and proactive impact the market?
An early-bird registration rate of $1,195 (excluding travel and lodging) is now available online at www.loanperformance.com/events/risksummit. Vendors and consultants must seek prior approval from First American CoreLogic in order to register. Attendees are urged to register early and secure lodging at the special RiskSummit La Costa room rate. Questions regarding the 2008 Risk Summit can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 415-536-3525.
About First American CoreLogic
First American CoreLogic, a member of The First American Corporation (NYSE:FAF) family of companies, was formed through the merger of First American Real Estate Solutions, America’s largest provider of advanced property and ownership information, analytics and services, and CoreLogic, the leading provider of residential mortgage risk management and fraud protection technology and services, and the acquisition of LoanPerformance, the leading provider of mortgage performance data and analytics. The combined companies’ databases cover more than 3,000 counties, representing 99.1 percent of the United States population, data on more than 43 million active mortgages and more than $2 trillion in loan-level non agency mortgage securities. With more than 600,000 users nationwide, First American CoreLogic products are used by businesses to improve customer acquisition and retention, better manage credit risk, loss mitigation, securitization and investment, detect and prevent fraud, improve mortgage transaction cycle time and cost efficiency, measure the value of residential and commercial properties, identify real estate trends and neighborhood characteristics, track market performance and increase market share. More information about First American CoreLogic can be found at www.facorelogic.com
About First American
The First American Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is a FORTUNE 500® company that traces its history to 1889. With revenues of approximately $8.2 billion in 2007, it is America’s largest provider of business information. First American combines advanced analytics with its vast data resources to supply businesses and consumers with valuable information products to support the major economic events of people’s lives, such as getting a job, renting an apartment, buying a car or house, securing a mortgage and opening or buying a business. The First American Family of Companies, many of which command leading market share positions in their respective industries, operate within five primary business segments, including: Title Insurance and Services, Specialty Insurance, Information and Outsourcing Solutions, Data and Analytic Solutions, and Risk Mitigation and Business Solutions. More information about the company and an archive of its press releases can be found at www.firstam.com.