First American Financial Recognized As Fit-Friendly Company By The American Heart Association
Company Offers Multiple Health and Wellness Programs Designed to Improve Employee Health and Productivity and Decrease Healthcare Costs
August 25, 2011, SANTA ANA, Calif.
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), a leading global provider of title insurance and settlement services for residential and commercial real estate transactions, today announced that it has been recognized as a “Start! Fit-Friendly Company” by the American Heart Association.
The association reports that many American adults work in sedentary jobs where a lack of regular physical activity raises their risk for medical problems, such as obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes. The “Start! Fit-Friendly” program formally recognizes employers that champion the health of their employees and create a workplace culture of wellness and physical activity.
“Programs that benefit our employees’ health produce positive results for the employee and the company overall,” said Dennis Gilmore, chief executive officer for First American Financial Corporation. “Our people have embraced our wellness initiatives and have already shared many success stories. We’re proud to be recognized by the American Heart Association for the steps we’ve taken to improve the health of our employees.”
First American formalized its commitment to wellness last fall with the launch of a total health support program known as Healthy Steps. The program, which is designed to help employees and their families achieve better health, includes:
- 100% in-network coverage for preventive care check-ups
- A maternity program that provides educational materials, discounts on supplies, and support for prenatal and postpartum care
- Disease management programs for those with chronic health conditions
- An Employee Assistance Program for financial, personal and other counseling services
- Tobacco-free campuses at the company’s corporate headquarters and its downtown Santa Ana, Calif., office
- Fitness facility discounts
- Nutrition education workshops
- Healthy menu choices in the employee café
- Healthy snack options in vending machines
- Annual health assessments
- CPR and first aid training
For more information about First American Financial Corporation, please visit www.firstam.com.
About First American
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is a leading provider of title insurance and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries, that traces its heritage back to 1889. First American and its affiliated companies also provide title plant management services; title and other real property records and images; valuation products and services; home warranty products; property and casualty insurance; and banking, trust and investment advisory services. With revenues of $3.9 billion in 2010, the company offers its products and services directly and through its agents and partners in all 50 states and abroad. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com.